Erase Your Wrinkles With This Green Tea Facial Toner
There are many ways you can incorporate green teas into your skin care routine. I often begin by making a strong infusion either in water, carrier oil or witch hazel. I love how versatile infusions can be and they are always lovely to have on hand. Another simple option is to brew a strong blend of green tea with your favorite calming herbs and harness the power of steam. Sometimes I’ll even pour myself a little glass of tea while I prepare my recipe.
AGE-FIGHTING GREEN TEA FACIAL TONER
Makes approximately 3/4 cups.
This recipe helps to tighten the skin, adjust pH levels, and remove residues left on the skin after cleansing. This recipe is gentle and suitable for all skin types.
- 1/2 tsp. organic green sencha leaf tea
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) organic witch hazel extract
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) organic rose hydrosol
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. non-GMO verified aloe vera gel
- 1/4 tsp. organic vegetable glycerin
- 1-3 drops rose absolute or organic geranium essential oil
- Make an herb-infused witch hazel extract by placing the green sencha tea leaves and witch hazel extract in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake the jar daily and allow the mixture to infuse for 2 or more weeks.
- Once finished infusing, strain the green tea leaves out and reserve the remaining liquid.
- Mix the infused witch hazel extract with the remaining ingredients and pour into dark glass bottles. Spray tops are great sustainable replacements for cotton balls! Just spray and gently press into your skin.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 1-2 weeks.